WEAR GLOVES. EYE PROTECTION, FACE MASK AND MIX IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA
- Place desired amount of dry clay mix into a mixing container.
- Using a spoon or a gloved hand start off mixing by using small amounts of distilled, reverse osmosis or filtered water.
- Target consistency of mixed clay should resemble a very thick pudding. Add more water in small increments and ensure that all clay is thoroughly mixed.
- With spoon scoop clay into a tight fitting container of your choosing.
- Firmly tap container on a solid surface to help level the clay.
- With the back of a spoon smear clay onto the side walls of the container.
- Add 100-300 springtails to freshly made clay after it has cooled to room temperature.
- Feed springtail food weekly and lightly mist with water when cultures appear dry.
- For harvesting, gently tap out springtails as needed.